Saturday, November 9, 2013

New Pasta by Barilla

Barilla started making a gluten free pasta available at you regular grocery store! This is a great development for us eating gluten free. Many probably know that Barilla is a big company that is well known for making quality pasta products for many years. Now, they have started making a rice and corn blend of pasta that is gluten free. I recently saw it as a new item in the Safeway grocery store. It was on promo for 2 for $4. This is amazingly inexpensive for quality gluten free pasta. I saw straight spaghetti, penne, and rotini but there may be other shapes available.

I tried the straight spaghetti and the penne. Both were excellent and had a great texture when cooked al dente, according to the package. My husband tried it and said that it was the closest thing to real pasta he's tried of the gluten free options. This is a huge win and it's very exciting!

Check your local store and try it today. I've even seen coupons!

2 comments: